Vol. 3: JKD Close Range Combat Part 1
Tactics, techniques and training methods to effectively dominate all ranges of combat with special attention to powerful Trapping entries, Close Range Combat, punishing takedowns, and brutally efficient finishing holds. Special introduction and demonstration by Guro Dan Inosanto!
Already purchased this video? Click here to login and watch.
Special introduction and demonstration By Guro Dan Inosanto!
Tactics, techniques and training methods to effectively dominate all ranges of combat with special attention to powerful Trapping entries, Close Range Combat, punishing takedowns, and brutally efficient finishing holds.
“Combatives” and “Close Quarter Combat” are terms that are used frequently in the martial arts and self-defense communities.
What's not always discussed or taught are high-level entries to the close-quarter combat range, and advanced tactics, techniques and training drills to dominate the opponent once you are there.
Sifu Hartsell was a well-known expert in this area.
Using JKD Concepts to blend Arts such as Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Silat, and more, Sifu Hartsell shares his knowledge on this all-important topic.
This is “must have” information for all serious students of the combative arts, and is highly recommended for security, law enforcement, and military personnel.
Some of the topics covered on this video:
- This video contains three complete Trapping Series!
Foundational Trapping Series (with takedowns!)
Trapping to Kicking to Trapping Series
Trapping to Kicking to Boxing Series
- Trapping from the left and right lead.
- Matched and mismatched stances.
- Trapping off of the Jab-Cross
- Trapping to takedowns to ground lock flow
- Extensive kick entry drills
- Specialized Focus mitt drills
- ABC Hand/Foot combinations
- Range awareness drills
- Counters to the common bar/ street fighter’s roundhouse punch using trapping to holds, submissions, and takedowns
- Strikes, locks, submissions, and throws from the clinch range
- Grip Details
- X Lock takedown
- Trapping to Cobra holds (with takedowns!)
- Lock flow with takedowns to ground locks, cranks, holds, submissions and breaks
- Trapping to come-alongs and “door walk”. A must-see for security and law enforcement personnel!
...and much more!