COVID-19 Trying Times
Be Kind, Be Safe and Practicing Social Distancing. If testing is available to you --- get tested!
We are living in unprecedented times. The entire world is focusing on coronavirus pandemic. Legions have contracted the illness and many have died from it. The virus surprised every sector of society and caught many people unaware and prepared. Health officials are working furiously to address and contain it.
But just as unprepared are families who do not know what their loved ones would want if faced with a serious or life-threatening illness.
Aging with Dignity has spent nearly 25 years helping families have these kinds of discussions, and thanks to Five Wishes, America's most popular and easy-to-understand and use advance care planning program, many know exactly what their loved one’s wishes are.
With life coming to a near standstill in America, it’s time to have these important conversations with the people who mean the most to you. To ask them about the kind of medical care they want or don't want in times of serious illness. If you haven't had those conversations yet, now is the time.
Our prayers are with the families currently dealing with COVID-19 and other serious illnesses, particularly those who have lost a loved one. All of us in some way have been impacted by the uncertainties related to this dangerous virus. For some, it means canceled travel plans or events. For others, it means lost work. For those in healthcare, it means bracing for unknown clinical challenges. For families with loved ones in senior care facilities, it means limited visits.
No matter how you are affected, you have a chance now to be prepared in case you or your loved ones face serious illness. So get a Five Wishes and seek out the people who matter most to you, and start with the following messages:
• There's been something on my mind and now is a good time to bring it up
• You matter to me and I care about you
• You can count on me to be there for you
• I want to do the right things for you when you need them the most
• I don't know your wishes so please tell me them so I can honor them whether I agree with them or not.
Use any one of those statements as an opening to a conversation if the subject turns to the coronavirus or related issues.
If that approach doesn't work, go to the Five Wishes conversation tips to get the ball rolling.
Because of the national emergency before us, Aging with Dignity has decided to take the unprecedented step of making the Five Wishes document available online to individuals at no cost. Use it for yourself. Use it for your parents, spouse, siblings, adult children, extended family, and friends. Just use it!
JFJKDGA New Training Groups
Published by Tim Becherer ·
Larry Hartsell Instructorship Program If you're looking to train and pursue instructor certification in the JFJKDGA but don't live near a certified instructor, we are now recognizing official training groups. This is groups of student level practitioners who meet and train in the curriculum with the intention of advancing toward instructor level. JFJKDGA official training group rules and regulations
Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Grappling Association Training Groups Rules and Regulations
The JFJKDGA officially recognizes training groups if they meet the following criteria:
1. consist of at least 3 or more currently registered JFJKDGA members of the student level
2. have at least 1 current JFJKDGA instructor (of any level) as an advisor - it is the groups responsibility to reach out to one or more of the current instructors as the Association does not assign the advisor.
3. submit the following documents with the JFJKDGA each month a. a roll sheet stating who the members of the group (official current studentmembers of the JFJKDGA) are. b. a monthly lesson plan(s) approved by the group’s advisor instructor(s) c. a monthly training log/diary which includes attendance, hours trained, and material worked on. 4. at least one member has purchased or the group has purchased the Instructor Series DVD’s so that there is a reference to the curriculum and how to practice it.
5. members of the group must get facetime with current JFJKDGA instructors to advance in rank
6. the group may choose a leader(s), advertise itself and charge for training however, no member of the group can call themselves an instructor in the JFJKDGA until they have received that rank from an JFJKDGA instructor who is authorized to promote to the instructor rank as per JFJKDGA rules. Any training group falsely representing itself will be subject to immediate dismissal by the JFJKDGA.
7. Through training with current JFJKDGA instructors, we do expect to see training groups make effort to advance and not remain stagnant. Groups who remain stagnant (they are not training with association instructors to advance in ranking) are subject to losing their official recognition by the Association).
All current student members of the JFJKDGA will be admitted to the Facebook group: JFJKDGA Instructors and Students Exchange Page. The curriculum is available there and it is also a forum where current students can communicate with current instructors. We strongly encourage training groups to seek out time with current Association instructors for private lessons and seminars. The group members should attend seminars and even host them.
Membership is Required
Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Grappling Association
Larry Hartsell Instructorship Programs
Larry Hartsell Instructors
Membership is required
The Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Grappling Association – Larry Hartsell Instructorship and all Certification Programs is a Professional Association (also called a Professional Body, Professional Organization, or Professional Society).
The roles of our professional association are variously defined: "A group of people in a learned occupation who are entrusted with maintaining control or oversight of the legitimate practice of our occupation. Though professional bodies we protect the public by maintaining and enforcing standards training and ethics in our profession.
Therefore, in certain dispute situations the balance between these two aims may get tipped more in favor of protecting and defending the professionals than in protecting the public.
As a Processional Organization we are involved in the development and monitoring of professional educational programs, and the updating of skills, and thus perform professional certification to indicate that a person possesses qualifications in the subject area. Membership of a professional body, as a legal requirement, can in some professions form the primary formal basis for gaining entry to and setting up practice within our profession and for the teachings of our professional organization.
A society is defined not only by what it creates but also by what it refuses to destroy.
How do I get started ?
Please review the PDF file.
FRAUD Instructors & Websites
There are currently other organizations illegitimately claiming to represent Larry Hartsell and his teachings. Among these are the so-called "Larry Hartsell Original Instructor Group".
There are ONLY three (3) legitimate Larry Hartsell sites.
People commit fraud because they want to be someone they are not. It happens all the time in Martial Arts. Before you begin your training unless your Instructor is World Known ask to see his/her Certification. Who are they certified by? Is the certification out dated? Don't hesitate to ask questions.
A fake person is someone who is not genuine and will do whatever it takes to make themselves look good. They will take credit for other's work or down play the good of others to illuminate oneself.
Fake people take part in hypocrisy, lies, and will turn on friendship the moment it no longer is a benefit for them. They will change their personality to fit in to a certain group.
Be aware and be safe!
Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Grappling Association
Larry Hartsell Seminars
Larry Hartsell Instructors Association